Collect Blankets for Cancer Patients in Need
Do you belong to a community group, such as a Rotary or Lions Club, book club, sports team, alumni association or church group? Or do you have a child who is seeking a community service project for school, or is a member of the Boy or Girl Scouts?
Rally your members to start a blanket drive and collect blankets for cancer patients! A warm blanket may seem like a small item, but in a cold treatment room, it makes a huge difference.
Even if you’re not a member of a group or club, you can still hold a blanket drive. We have lots of tools to help you!
To learn more about blanket drives, check out the Blanket Drive FAQs.
6 Easy Steps to Organize a Blanket Drive
- Select the dates for your Blanket Drive.
Spread the word! Options include:
- Download the Blanket Drive Poster and customize it with information about your drive. Print it at home or at an office supply store. Hang the poster in a place where others will see it, like a bulletin board or door.
- Download the Blanket Drive Fact Sheet and customize it with the specific information about your event. Make copies to hand out or send as an email.
- Send emails to co-workers or members of your group (if you are working with a group), announcing the Blanket Drive for Giving Comfort, dates and the drop-off point for donated blankets.
- A personal touch makes people much more likely to participate. Call friends and family to share details about your event!
- Place a barrel or bin for donated blankets at a high-traffic location, like a building lobby. Identify it with your customized Blanket Drive Poster.
- Download and print copies of the Flyer and Receipt and make sure all donors receive one.
Pack a minimum of 10 blankets in each box. Download, print and fill out a Packing Slip for each box and ship to:
Giving Comfort - Blanket Drive
c/o ALOM / Giving Comfort Warehouse
48105 Warm Springs Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
- Share your event photos and stories with us at email@example.com and on your social media channels to help inspire others to get involved!