What Giving Comfort Does
Fight cancer with comfort
Cancer is brutal, both physically and financially. The treatment itches, it burns, it makes you exhausted and sick, and because it's so expensive, many patients can't afford the simple things that make it bearable.
When you support Giving Comfort – by donating a cancer care package for a cancer patient in need, or by purchasing a kit for a friend or family member – you are making an immediate impact in the life of a cancer patient.
We pack our Comfort Kits with high-quality comfort items that are most needed and requested by patients undergoing treatment: A soft blanket, warm socks, soothing tea, moisturizer, lip balm, a sleeping cap, and much more.
When you donate a cancer care package, we work with hospitals, care facilities and service organizations that support low-income cancer patients to ensure that it gets to someone who needs it, right when they need it the most. And when you purchase a kit for someone you know, we ship it straight to your loved one with a personal note enclosed.
How to help cancer patients: 2 ways
1. When you donate a Comfort Kit to a cancer patient in need:
- Giving Comfort uses 100% of your donation to purchase products and ship Comfort Kits to patients.
- If you choose to donate in honor of someone, we will send a customized eCard to the honoree or whoever else you choose, notifying them of the donation.
- A low-income cancer patient somewhere in the U.S. gets comfort when they need it most.
2. When you purchase a Comfort Kit for a friend or family member with cancer:
- An attractive cancer care package full of high-quality comfort items is shipped directly to the recipient.
- A personal note is included in the package.
- All proceeds from your purchase are used to support Giving Comfort – it's a purchase with a purpose!